Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I collect a lot of DVD's but am worried soon they will be live VHS tapes useless. Am I just wasting money on?

I see now thats it virtually impossible to find a vcr at a store other than a pawnshop. When VHS tapes came out I collected them now their are basically useless. Are DVD's here to stay I heard blue ray was backwards compatabitable but am still worried that in a few years my large dvd collection will be unplayable, and I will have to update my collection meaning more money on a fad? Will normal DVD's still be in in the next ten years ?I collect a lot of DVD's but am worried soon they will be live VHS tapes useless. Am I just wasting money on?
I think your DVD's will be safe for some time to come based on the fact that Blu ray doesn't actually provide a significant difference in picture and overall quality. Sure it is better, but not as significant as a DVD compared to a VHS. I think you will be good to go until another video player device is released like a 3-D hologram movie player, now that would be cool.
No. Everything will be stored in a large on-demand repository. There won't be a need for players or physical media any longer.I collect a lot of DVD's but am worried soon they will be live VHS tapes useless. Am I just wasting money on?
you can still buy the dual players, dvd and vcr fairly cheaply we got one from netto for 50 pounds, i have a lot of vhs tapes, and would be gutted if i could not play my queen ones, so we bought the new one to keep for when the old one breaks down. its difficult to say about dvds, videos lasted for a long time. Apart from the blue ray they have not brought anything else out apart from loading it onto a hard drive. I suppose it depends on how many of us they talk into exchanging a large disc for a smaller one.
no your dvds are fine. I dont think dvds are going out of style anytime soon...but u can convert your taped to dvds or just keep them as tapes....make them collectables...mayb b worth money someday to have tapes and not dvds.



wish i woulda kept all my disney tapes..now i have them all on dvd but the tapes are worht money..mayb cause its disney, but still...lolI collect a lot of DVD's but am worried soon they will be live VHS tapes useless. Am I just wasting money on?
It actually looks more like Blu-Ray will be the one to go away. Sales have been disappointing at best for both players and movies. It seems that the marginal difference in quality between Blu-Ray and DVD hasn't inspired many people to buy them. And the manufacturers aren't doing what the music companies did when they decided to stop making LP's in favor of CD's. As long as people can buy DVD's instead of Blu-Rays, they will continue to do so. And if sales don't pick up soon, Blu-Ray will be a thing of the past.
I think your collection is safe since most BluRay players are backwards compatible. Blockbuster is currently in the process of building up their BluRay collection because ultimately that will be all they rent over dvd's, but this will take a while. Either way if you get a BluRay player that can play dvd's then you're golden
The motion picture industry, along with SONY and Panasonic, actually conspire against the movie lover by switching formats every few years to make your collection obsolete. Once everyone buys Blu-Ray, then they'll switch again. Stop buying movies! Or, if you have to buy them, then give them to your local library. VHS isn't obsolete there!

No comments:

Post a Comment