Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cooling And Power Help?

I need tips on how much cooling my computer needs



Also do you think my 480 watt power supply is enough?



My specs are:



-Tripple core 8450 Phenom

-1 x DDR2 2gb 800mhz ram

-Geforce 9500GT



-1 x 250 Gb IDE hard drive

-1 x 160 Gb SATA drive

-1 x 80 Gb External usb drive



-1 x DVD rewritter

-1 x Floppy



-TV card that supports HDTv

-Front bay memorycard reader with USB, Firewire + eSATA



At the moment the only cooling inside is:



The psu fan

Processor heatsink + fan

Graphic Card heatsink



Ive managed to get away with it so far coz its been winter and one side of my case is basically a mesh that vents it to the max, so as long as my room's cool - the computer's cool. Problem is, summer is soon coming and I dont want all the money and work I put into it to get raped by the heat - so im wondering what the best setup for cooling.



I was thinking of installing one case fan at the back and another one in one of the 5.25 inch bays at the front.



Another question - how much power will these fans take and is my 480Watt gonna be alble to handle all the crap im throwing at it? When I bought it - it seemed like a good idea coz I wasnt planning on adding anything to the motherboard except for the graphics card - but now I got so many things and wires stickin outta the motherboard it looks like a little mini new york in there.



Any help would be appreciated.Cooling And Power Help?
To be safe i think installing extra fans is worth the cost and effort. It certainly won't hurt anything. The fans actually draw very little so the extra cost is negligible, maybe 5 cents a month.



Your power supply should handle the load without a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment